GetSocial 1.01

GetSocial v1.01 (huh?) is now available! It’s exactly the same as good old version 1.00 except that the image border/padding issue that occurs in some WordPress.com themes is now resolved. Download GetSocial v1.01 now!

nice vs. very nice!

If for some reason you really need the first release (version 1.00), or any other future-old-release(tm) you can always get every version of GetSocial here.

UPDATE (June 23, 2008): GetSocial v1.02 is now available. Go get it!

PERMALINK / SHORTLINK

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

About these ads

25 Responses to “GetSocial 1.01”

1. 1 www.yourdailyshakespeare.com Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 06:40

My URL is http://www.yourdailyshakespeare.com At the end of each blog I have a number of buttons (facebook, google +, linkedin etc.) generated by a plug in. If I wanted to use your very aesthetic plug-in would I have to de-install the plug in that provides me with the current connections. If so how could I add google + and likedin for example, which I do not see in your list?

• 2 Hillel Stoler Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 16:40

Hi Jimmie, you will not be required to remove the current plugins, GetSocial is not likely to conflict with other page elements. Currently, there is no way you can add/remove buttons to the GetSocial toolbar.

2. 3 Evan 057 Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 03:09

Is their a way to add social bookmarking icons to my previous 1200 posts? Or do I have to manually add the code for each individual post? Is there any other software / code that would allow me to do this? (I have CSS editing capability although I am not very adept to it.)

3. 5 Hillel Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 21:49

Hi horgasz,

I think your best bet is to manually install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2, you can catch it here:

4. 6 horgasz Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 19:46

Hi!

I love this app. Great work.

I have one problem though. Since Windows Update updated .Net on my machine I can’t use Getsocial.

Any tips on what to do?

5. 7 Hillel Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 14:40

Sorry, no Mac support at this time :)

6. 9 jackson Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 21:09

I found your blog a while back and downloaded Getsocial. It has significantly increased our web traffic. I also recommended this particular post to a few other bloggers I know.

Thanks for the great information!

We added you to our blog roll.

jw

7. 10 David Bridger Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 17:47

Thank you for GetSocial! :)

8. 11 Teck Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 07:05

Thank you for the URL tip I will link to that instead of
    the wordpress download blog I wasn’t sure if we could share
    so I was letting you know since you made it… Thank you
    again and much appreciated please keep up the great work..

P.s. I’m going to attach the link to a download image
    if that’s ok and I have credited you for it :wink:

Teck :)

9. 12 Hillel Monday, August 11, 2008 at 15:29

Thanks for the tip Teck!
    (and while I’m at it: thanks goes to Jennifer and raincoaster)

Btw – everyone is allowed (and even encouraged!) to share GetSocial on their website, as long as the following three rules are kept:

- Don’t make any changes to the software
    - Don’t claim you made it or own it
    - Never charge money (or anything else) for it

It would be nice to include a link to http://www.hillelstoler.com, but it’s totally up to you.

TIP
    If you link here:
    your link will always point to the most recent version of GetSocial

Hillel :)

10. 13 Teck Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 07:02

I found a wordpress.com blog that is offering “GetSocial” through a file share widget here is there link http://sensico.wordpress.com/

11. 14 Jennifer Monday, August 4, 2008 at 09:23

Review and recommendation coming in a couple of hours. :)

12. 15 raincoaster Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 03:05

I just recommended GetSocial to another blogger, FYI.

13. 16 retroportraits Monday, July 21, 2008 at 02:53

You Rock!!!

I’m brand new to blogging and I’m really trying to get a grip on web 2.0 marketing. Your creation has just made it a lot easier.

Thank you so much.

I added you to my blogroll and I made a special post for you to hopefully drive you some more traffic.

I am just getting started so I don’t have any traffic yet, but hopefully, with the help of your “get social” creation, I will.

Thanks again,
    Mike

14. 17 Hillel Sunday, June 22, 2008 at 03:46

Amazing (How did you find this?)

Well, thanks Jennifer, you just won yourself an honor GetSocial QA badge plus a free copy of the next version! :)

15. 18 Jennifer Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 19:36

Just wanted to let you know that v1.01 generates a double set of style tags for stumbleupon. Love this app.

16. 19 Party Mama Aly Adair Friday, June 6, 2008 at 18:28

Thank you for letting us know. I downloaded now.

17. 20 Teck Thursday, June 5, 2008 at 09:35

I upgraded to v1.01 looks alot better
    with my theme thank you very much… :)

Request Is it possible in the near future to have the images
    a little bigger and not slanted on a angle I have had readers email
    me saying its hard for them to see the digg image….

~Teck~

18. 21 MJ "revoltingpawn" Monday, June 2, 2008 at 21:30

Ahhh… I recently re-installed Windows and SP3 but didn’t realize does not install .Net so that was the problem. Unfortunately, I may be switching to Linux and GetSocial would not work at all.

You made a good program but it will never be a elegant solution since limited to HTML. I am thinking will be moving to a hosted WordPress blog because of the lack of widgets, good themes, and no real customization possible. I used to webmaster and contribute to a self hosted blog and think need to go that route.

Please don’t stop developing GetSocial since will continue to become more popular with the WordPress.com crowd.

19. 22 Hillel Monday, June 2, 2008 at 10:34

This error message indicates that you do not have (the right version of) Microsoft .net Framework installed on your system.

Why is it that Visual Studio programs never say this in plain English (with a relevant download link maybe?) has always been a mystery to me.

To get .net Framework 2.0 Use Windows Update, or download it directly from Microsoft here:

Another thing that’s odd is that you already used GetSocial version 1.00 (which has the exact same requirements as the new version). Did you use version 1.00 with this computer?

20. 23 MJ "revoltingpawn" Monday, June 2, 2008 at 07:50

I downloaded and extracted twice and got a “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.” error.

?????

1. 1 How to Integrate Reddit Into WordPress | Blogging, WordPress, Social Media, Web Publishing - WordCast Trackback on Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 10:55
  2. 2 Get Social « Karlotto Winroth Trackback on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 11:04